Make your lunch or dinner a quick wrap! This recipe from Wild Alaska Seafood is a must. With simple ingredients using avocado, lettuce, and Alaska Cod fillets, it’s delicious, easy, and enjoyable by all.
ALASKA COD SANTE-FE STYLE WRAP
- 2 medium avocados OR 2 cups prepared guacamole
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon minced onion
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle chile puree*
- 2 Tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 4 Alaska Cod fillets 4 to 6 oz. each, fresh, thawed or frozen
- 1 Tablespoon olive canola, peanut or grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon mesquite or Mexican seasoning
- 4 flour tortillas 10- to 12-inch, warmed
- 4 large iceberg or Romaine lettuce leaves torn or shredded
Variation: Substitute Alaska Pollock or Sole fillets for Alaska Cod; adjust cook time for smaller fillets if necessary.
- Mash avocados. Stir in lime juice, onion, chile puree, and mayonnaise; set aside.
- Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Cod fillets under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Heat a heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of fillets with oil. Place fillets in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
- Turn fillets over and sprinkle with seasoning. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 2 to 5 minutes. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout. Cool slightly and break into large chunks.
- To serve, layer about 1/2 cup each avocado spread (almost to edge), seafood chunks, and lettuce on one side of each tortilla. Roll up envelope-style and cut in half.