For everywhere and every occasion, one of our favorite ways to serve up this tasty treasure is in the form of these melt in your mouth crab cakes. Recipe courtesy of Chef Maya Wilson, author of Alaska from Scratch for the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute.
ALASKA CRAB CAKES
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound Alaska king snow or Dungeness crab meat
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper finely diced
- 2 tablespoons celery finely diced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- ⅔ cup panko
- Cooking oil for pan frying
- Lemon wedges
- Chipotle mayo Sriracha aioli, or tartar sauce
- Sliced scallions or chives
Make the crab cakes
- To a mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire, Djion, lemon zest, Old Bay seasoning, and pepper. Stir to combine. Add the crab, bell pepper, celery, parsley, and panko. Fold together to combine. Using your hands, form the mixture into 8 patties.
Fry the crab cakes
- Coat a skillet with cooking oil and heat over medium-high. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the patties to the pan. Cook until crispy and browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
Plate and serve
- Serve with lemon and dipping sauce of choice. Sprinkle with scallions or chives to serve.