Time to kick it up a notch with this twist on our pesto scallop tacos. Similar to those but these include BACON!! I thought they were perfect as they were but like everything, there is always room for improvement. Alaska Weathervan Scallops is the company who inspired this recipe and who catches our Alaskan Scallops. They have a Scallop food truck run by the fishermen themselves that travels around Seattle WA dishing up all things scallops. Inspired by the scallorito with a couple changes of my own. Get ready to have your mind blown.
PESTO BACON SCALLOP TACOS
- 1 pound Alaska Weathervane Scallops recipe formulated for size 20/30 scallops
- 1/4 cup of basil pesto
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 6 – 6″ inch flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 12 slices of crisp bacon
- Season scallops lightly on both sides with Tony Chachere’s Original Creole seasoning or your favorite seasoning.
- In a small bowl, mix pesto & mayonnaise together.
- Heat a skillet until almost smoking. Add 1 tablespoon butter.
- Add the scallops to the hot pan and sear on one side until a rich, dark brown, 1-2 minutes. Turn over and repeat on the other side.
- While scallops are cooking, heat tortillas in a lightly oiled skillet. We recommend Tortilla Land uncooked tortillas.
- As for the onions you can add diced raw or we recommend caramelizing them first in a little balsamic vinegar.
- Divide the pesto sauce between each warm flour tortilla and top each with the shredded cabbage.
- Divide the bacon & seared scallops between each tortilla and garnish with cilantro & onions.
- Serve and eat immediately!