“The mellow buttery flavor of albacore tuna and avocado blend beautifully well with the sweet crunch of macadamia nuts and the pleasant biting heat of jalapeno and red chile flakes. This quick supper comes together in about five minutes, making it an easy choice for summertime.” This delightful Albacore Tuna Poke recipe is inspired by our friends at Alaska Gold and originating from the Nourished Kitchen website.
ALBACORE TUNA POKE
- 1 pound ~ ½ loin or 2 packages of Albacore Tuna Loins
- 1 avocado
- 3 green onions
- 1 jalapeno
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons naturally fermented soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes
- steamed rice to serve
- Chop the albacore into half-inch cubes, and toss them into a bowl. Split the avocado, pull out its pit and then chop the meat of the avocado into half-inch cubes, tossing them into the bowl with the albacore. Slice the green onions and jalapeno thinly and toss them into the bowl. Chop the macadamia nuts finely, and add them to the bowl. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the tuna.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the soy sauce, sesame oil, orange juice and chile flakes together. Drizzle the sauce over the tuna and other poke ingredients, and then toss it all together until well-mixed and evenly coated.
- Serve immediately over steamed rice.