What’s not to love about Mediterranean food. It’s easy to prepare, full of delicious fresh flavor, and the healthiest of foods out there. In fact it might be a favorite style cuisine in our home. According to US News and World Report released rankings of best diets in 2019, the Mediterranean diet ranks as the best way to eat. Embracing lean meat like seafood, it is praised as the most complete and balanced cuisine. Best for overall eating and easiest to follow, the Mediterranean diet is an ideal way to seek longer, healthier living. This Planked Wild Alaskan Salmon with Mediterranean Medley Recipe makes use of Mediterranean herbs and our wild salmon.
PLANKED ALASKA SALMON WITH MEDITERRANEAN MEDLEY
- 2 Tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoons of one of the following: fresh marjoram Thai basil, basil, or oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds Alaska Salmon fillets or steaks
- 1/2 lemon
- Seasoned salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Soak wood plank in water 30 minutes to 2 hours. Blend herbs.
- Pat wood plank with paper towels and spray-coat or lightly oil one side. Lay Alaska Salmon on coated side of plank. Squeeze lemon juice on salmon; season liberally with salt and pepper. Pat/rub 1 to 2 tablespoons herb blend on each salmon portion or all onto salmon side. Let the salmon rest 5 minutes before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat. Grill salmon using indirect heat (not directly over heat) in covered grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Cook just until salmon is opaque throughout.
- Chef’s Tip: This recipe works great whether you use a plank or cook straight on the grill. Or, bake at 400°F (6 to 7 inches from heat source) for 10 to 15 minutes.