What’s special about our Alaska scallops…
- FROZEN-AT-SEA-SCALLOPS: Also known as Weathervane Scallops, these scallops are the largest in Alaska and caught off the Gulf of Alaska then frozen and packaged right at sea, making them so fresh it tastes as if you just ate them from the ocean.
- SWEET AND BUTTERY: Their sweet flavor and rich buttery melt-in-your-mouth texture, more than live up to their reputation as the world’s finest and freshest scallops. Scallop tacos anyone? Your love of tacos is about to take off. Check out Sierra’s scallop taco recipe here!
- WONT SHRINK: There is no water added so no shrinkage during cooking.
- AVAILABLE IN MEDIUM & LARGE: larger scallops make for a dramatic appetizer or entrée, while smaller scallops are perfect for pasta dishes and mixed seafood grills. Inside each 5lb box you will find 4 – 1.25lb tear-away bags. There are approximately 10-20 LARGE scallops/lb and 20-30 MEDIUM scallops per lb.
- SO FRESH WE EAT THEM RAW: These scallops are also excellent for making sushi! They are so fresh you can eat them raw as Sashimi, Nigiri, or in your favorite roll.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED: In Alaska, the future of shellfish stocks and the environment are more important than immediate opportunities for commercial harvest. Managing for a continuing supply of seafood produced in Alaska’s waters is mandated in the state’s constitution. In 1959, the people of Alaska decided that