What’s special about our Troll Caught Coho Salmon….
- ECONOMICAL: Save 13% off the price of our regular troll coho portions and 25% off when purchasing 30lbs.
- LINE CAUGHT, FROZEN ONCE: Our Coho salmon are caught one at a time with hooks and lines by small boat fishermen in southeast Alaska, when their natural oil content, color and texture are at their peak; these fillets are vac packed and frozen only once to insure that fresh, right-out-of-the ocean taste.
- FAMILY SIZE: These Coho fillets are perfect for a family meal or enjoy over a few meals for one person.Also excellent for making your own cured salmon. They are skin on and pin bone in and average around a 1.5-2lbs with an estimated 70-75 servings per case and around 20 fillets
- KID APPROVED Kids young and old love the mild flavor of coho salmon. We enjoy cooking these on the grill, with rubs, and especially for our Alaskan Thai Salmon Burgers. You can even make your salmon burger mixture in advance and portion then freeze until ready to use!
- VERSATILE: These Coho fillets are excellent for smoking. Cohos are a favorite among chefs and restaurateurs due to it’s medium oil content, which lends flavor and versatility while keeping the taste light to favor the broader spectrum of palates. Our coho salmon is perfect for making lox, grilling or poaching, or any other way you like to prepare your wild salmon. Poaching salmon, by the way, is an easy way to ensure that your salmon is cooked sufficiently but not too much, keeping the salmon moist
- NUTRITIOUS: Coho salmon is lean, but loaded with Omega-3, vitamin D, and Selenium. All of which help improve heart health, brain function, and provide vital nutrients for growth and development of prenatal babies and infants.
- QUALITY PACKAGING. We use a heavier 6 & 7mil thickness in our vacuum packaging to prevent any air leaks so that your coho salmon will stay fresh frozen for a long time. Yes even up to 2 years! Each fillet averages between 1.5-2lbs.
- COOK FROM FROZEN: It takes the pressure off when you can have your fish plated and served with in 30 minutes of being frozen.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED: In Alaska, the future of wild coho salmon and the environment are more important than the immediate opportunities for harvest. This means as fishermen we catch only what is leftover after “escapement” goals are met and enough fish have returned to spawn allowing for future harvests for generations to come.
The sustainability of coho salmon harvested in Alaska is an INTERNATIONAL EFFORT. Alaska coho harvest levels follow the Pacific Salmon Treaty implemented by the Pacific Salmon Commission. In Alaska, the future of wild coho salmon and the environment are more important than the immediate opportunities for harvest. As a wild resource, there is variability in the number of salmon that return to freshwater to spawn annually. Managers in Alaska set ‘ESCAPEMENT GOALS’ using the best science available to ensure enough fish return safely to the freshwater spawning grounds to reproduce. Biologists account for natural fluctuations in returns of salmon by managing the fisheries in-season to ensure the sustainability of Alaska’s wild coho salmon.
There are no reviews yet.